STEAMworks will be hosting an exciting community event on Sunday 23 October at The Millpond. The Ecology Picnic is a one-of-a-kind event, designed to bring The Millpond area at The Foundations, Portland, to life with activities, music, food, short talks and more!
With free entry, STEAMworks are inviting the community you to join them down by the ‘pond’ for a quiet picnic or for a stroll along the stalls or to take part in a curious activity – there’ll be so much to do and see.
- Fly-Fishing lessons with internationally renowned flyfisherman, Juan Del Carmen from Advanced Fly Fishing School Australia and the talented team at Wallerawang CAS!
- Turtle activity + stall + talk with Dr Ricky Spencer from 1 Million Turtles Community Conservation Program with Lithgow Transformation Hub & Western Sydney University
- Live Music from local musicians with Lithgow Live & Local
- Create a floral daisy-chain activity with Wildflower Co Flowers & Gifts
- Short talks: ‘How to Grow Your Own Mushrooms’ with Lithgow Valley Mushrooms, ‘Edible Native Local Food’s’ with Killinbinin Native Nursery, ‘Being a Beekeeper’ with Blue Mountains Honey
- ‘Meet the Water-bug’ Activity with Lithgow Environment Group Inc.
- ‘Plein Air’ sketching with local artist-educator lindahineart
- ‘Bee’s and Bug’s’ activity with Amelie Ecology
- Delicious BBQ with Portland Rural Fire Brigade
WHAT TO BRING: Picnic rug or camping chairs. There will be some delicious food and drink options available to purchase at The Millpond and nearby at The Annexe, however, visitors are also welcome to bring their own.
FURTHER INFORMATION: If you have any questions, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of stormy wet weather, the event will be postponed. Please follow our STEAMworks Facebook page for event updates. This event is made possible thanks to the generosity of Inspiring NSW and EnergyAustralia, in conjunction with The Foundations, Portland.