How well do you know your area? Do you know your risk or have a plan for emergencies? Mark your calendar and save the date for this year’s Lithgow Readiness Rally on Saturday 15 October 2022.
Are you looking for information on how to prepare for emergencies? Perhaps you’re interested in volunteering with our emergency services?
The Lithgow Readiness Rally is a free community event to be aware and prepare for Natural Disaster.
The Lithgow Readiness Rally is a free community event where you’ll find:
- Trucks and other vehicles that support our community during times of crisis
- Information on how to prepare your property for flooding, storms and fire
- An expo of trades and local services
- First responders and Emergency service volunteers who can help you get involved locally
- Wellbeing and art activities / exhibition (for all ages) and more!
“Disasters are unforeseeable. Whether it’s the season for floods and storms or bushfires, it helps if you have a plan in place and know exactly what to do,” said Lithgow City Council Mayor Maree Statham.
“Stop by the expo, speak to local emergency services and access everything this event has to offer so that you, and your family and neighbours, know what to do when the time comes.”
“You may even want to get involved yourself.”
The Readiness Rally is hosted by Lithgow City Council in partnership with the State Emergency Service, Rural Fire Service, Fire and Rescue, VRA, Rapid Relief Team, and NSW Police.
- What: Lithgow Readiness Rally
- When: Saturday, 15 October 2022, between 9am – 3pm.
- Where: Union Theatre & Maldhan Ngurr Ngurra Lithgow Transformation Hub (Corner of Bridge & Mort Streets, Lithgow)
For full details of the event please visit the Readiness Rally website: www.readinessrally.com.au or Facebook or Instagram @lithgowreadinessrally.
This is a Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund project through the joint Commonwealth/State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.