Bathurst’s Sharyn Semmens was yesterday presented with the prestigious VERTO Service Star (Community Services) award for 2022.
Ms Semmens was selected from more than 200 staff across 40 VERTO sites (NSW, ACT and Victoria) in recognition of the hard work and commitment she has demonstrated in the community services space over the past 12 months.
VERTO Chief Executive Officer, Ron Maxwell, described Ms Semmens as a dedicated member of the VERTO team who is client-focused and well respected by her peers and colleagues.
“Sharyn is passionate about the services provided by VERTO and always puts her clients first, which has enabled her to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes for her clients.
“Sharyn is knowledgeable and reliable and goes above and beyond to ensure her clients and team members achieve the best results possible.
“She demonstrates VERTO’s Guiding Principles on a daily basis and thoroughly deserves to be recognised with the Service Star (Community Services) award,” Mr Maxwell said.
Ms Semmens was one of 15 winners recognised at a presentation dinner in the Blue Mountains last night. The full list of winners is below:
- Excellence in Cross Service Support – Communications Team
- Excellence in Innovation – Danielle Booth (Sydney)
- Excellence in Leadership – Allannah Clarke (Wollongong)
- Excellence in Leadership RCC – Mel Livermore (Wagga Wagga)
- Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes – Mary Croaker and The Oberon Employment Services Team
- Excellence in Team Performance – The VERTO Tender and AASN Teams
- Excellence in Team Performance RCC – Lisa Douglas (Wagga Wagga)
- Service Star (Apprenticeship Services) – Tricia Murtagh (Sydney)
- Service Star (Community Services) – Sharyn Semmens (Bathurst)
- Service Star (Corporate Services) – Jon Ulbricht (Newcastle)
- Service Star (Employment Services) – Ann Lawrence (Port Macquarie)
- Service Star (Training Services) – Taryn Smail (Albury)
- Employee of the Year – John McIvor (Newcastle)
- Gary Lowe Memorial Award for Outstanding Teacher, Trainer and/or Assessor – Renae Harland (Bundaberg)
- Graham Draffin Scholarship – Alyssa Mudford (Newcastle)