It’s that time of year again when we are making New Year’s resolutions with all good intentions, but sadly we know from past experience that we will probably abandon our great plans before the end of January! New Year’s resolutions are a bit like babies…fun to make but extremely difficult to maintain.
If you haven’t already made any New Year’s resolutions for 2015, here is a list of the most common New Year’ resolutions –
• Lose weight, Do more Exercise, Eat more healthily
• Get enough sleep, Watch less TV
• Make time to de-stress, meditate and pray.
• Quit Smoking, Drink less alcohol
• Get Organized, Get out of debt, Save money
• Take up a new hobby or restart an old hobby
• Get further education, Get a new job
• Spend more time with family and friends, take a trip
• Be kind to others and be more patient
• Volunteer to Help Others
• Shop mindfully and Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
One of the most popular resolutions is to ‘Lose weight, eat more healthily and do more exercise’. Your physiotherapist can help this resolution become a reality in 2015.
Here are some tips for 2015.
• Go to your physiotherapist and get a fitness and injury evaluation. It is the very best thing you can do to keep yourself healthy and pain-free in 2015 and beyond. Lithgow Physiotherapy has its’ ‘Fit 4 Life program’. The New Year would be the perfect time to get started.
• Get a personally tailored exercise program. These should include exercises to improve your flexibility and cardio fitness, as well as overall strengthening and core stability. Your exercise routine should be designed to suit your individual starting levels of fitness, strength and mobility, so you are less in danger of hurting yourself or stirring up any old injuries.
• Talk to your physio about any important lifestyle factors such as desk postures and correct lifting techniques.
• When exercising, monitor your technique, your breathing pattern, and range of movement during each repetition.
• Keep an upright posture and practice postural awareness at regular intervals throughout the day.
• Make it a practice to stretch at regular periods while at work.
Now it’s your turn to make 2015 a healthy and pain-free year!
For a great start, call 6352 2288 now to find out more about our ‘Fit 4 Life’ program or go to www.lithgowphysiotherapy.com.au.
Do you have a chronic pain or injury that might have stopped you exercising in the past? …Your physio will treat these issues as part of your Fit 4 Life program. Come on…no excuses!