Breaking News

• No Posts Found
green2

A few tips for weight loss

Many of us have been at the stage where we are trying to lose weight, not only to look your best, but feel your best and get the most out of every day of your life. However, it can be hard when you feel like the results aren’t showing. I understand how frustrating this can be, and have put together a few myths of weight loss to help you combat this. There is a lot of false information out there, and we want to put a stop to the most common. First up, the 30-70 rule doesn’t work. This rule focuses on eating healthy food 70% of the time, and whatever you want for the other 30%. This rule was created by diet companies years ago, and it fails to incorporate exercise. To lose weight, you need to commit to an entire lifestyle change and this means a clear balance between healthy eating and exercise. Both go hand in hand. Consistently eating well, each meal, each day, each week, each month, and participating in physical activity 5 out of the 7 days of the week is ideal. It’s also important to reduce your portion size. Overeating, whether it be junk food, or too much good food, leads to tiredness and weight gain. The same goes for binge drinking. If you want to lose weight, then alcohol isn’t your friend. Alcohol contains extra calories that quickly send you over your daily limit, and it reduces your body’s ability to absorb nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the foods you eat. Alcohol slows down our metabolism and quickly adds on the kg’s with unwanted sugar and calories. Try drinking water and herbal teas daily. They flush toxins from our bodies, keep you hydrated and keep you feeling alert! Lastly, I ask you to question if you are really challenging yourself when it comes to nutrition, exercise, and commitment. If you are committed to losing weight, then you need to have a plan in place. This means deciding what your end goal is, and mapping out smaller goals along the way that are going to get you there. For example, if you want to lose 10 kilograms in 6 months, start off with small, achievable goals, such as 1.5 kilograms for the first month and so on from there. With an appropriate eating plan, and exercise program that is varied, fun, and enjoyable, you will be consistent and feel a sense of accomplishment each time you achieve a small goal along the way to reaching that major goal you have set! Being at an optimal weight for your age, sex, and height, is so very important to live a long, healthy and enjoyable life, so you can get the most out of your life, for you and your family.

 

Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyrıght 2014 Lithgow Village Voice